A member asked:

Im16yr&my doc said that being on birth control&having van willebrands disease, i risk a blood clot.i have pain and numbness in my limbs. consult doc?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Yesm : You should consult a hematologist as there is a contradiction in what you wrote. True, oc can predispose to blood clots, rare in these days but theoretically it is possible. However, in von wilebrand's disease there is a tendency to bleed...And not to clot...I am not a hematologist but a surgeon so hopefully a hematologist will better answer your question...

Answered 10/24/2017



Related Questions

Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question