U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dallas, TX
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have had symptoms of a uti , got on medicine and am done with this medicine but i am still experiencing the symptoms. just got a call from a partner that they have chlamydia should i get tested? is my pain still here because of a uti or what?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Should get tested: A person who has sex with a chlamydia-infected person needs to get checked for chlamydia and other STD's. That is because STD's have friends and run in packs... like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomonas, etc... Luckily, everybody gets Gardasil HPV vaccines, right? That means people should not be catching the wart and cancer strains of HPV, right? If positive tests, doctor starts treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 27, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.