U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

Please could you list all stds to get tested after 7 years of sexual exposure ? i want to ensure about stds because i'm going to get marry

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Only a few...: Have a urine test for gonorrhea and chlamydia and blood tests for HIV and syphilis. You could consider a blood test for herpes, but if so, have only an IgG test for HSV2, not an IgM test, which often is misleading. Nothing else is necessary. Best wishes for a romantic, rewarding, and successful marriage!
Last updated Jan 2, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.