U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

I think i have an std or a rash on my skin. how can i tell the difference?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Pediatrics 57 years experience
Rash: Your best bet is to concult your primary caregiver to differentiate an std from a jock itch, for example. For complex rashes, a sermatologist might be better - your pcp will give you a referral.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.