U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

I want to know what can i do about my post tubal ligation bleeding and spotting thats been going on for 5 months and i have symptoms that came with it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jaime Lopez
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Options available: Assuming you have been evaluated by your MD and you are not bleeding because of an abnormal condition, such as fibroids, adenomyosis, hyperplasia, then the bleeding can be treated medically with hormones (such as birth control pills, Depo Provera, (medroxyprogesterone) to name a few), or surgically by burning the lining of the uterus by a procedure called endometrial ablation. If all fails, hysterectomy can be done.
Last updated Jul 21, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.