A member asked:

How can cookstove lead to carbon monoxide poisoning?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jason Adler answered

Specializes in Pediatric Critical Care

Inhalation: Certain cookstoves can produce carbon monoxide in amounts that can lead to acute carbon monoxide poisoning, which can result acutely in nausea, vomiting, headache, and dizziness, or at high levels unconsciousness and death. Long term exposure to carbon monoxide is linked to heart disease and neurologic problems. Information on safe operation of cookstoves should be consulted before using.

Answered 7/21/2014

5.9k views

Thank

Ventilation: Only if there is impaired exhaust of the products of combustion can a room develop co accumulation and the possibility of poisoning. Ventilation should always be to code to prevent this from happening. If you are concerned have a certified hvac technician evaluate you particular circumstance and recommend solutions.

Answered 7/20/2012

5.9k views

Thank

Related Questions

A member asked:

What are symptoms from carbon monoxide poisoning?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

What causes death with carbon monoxide poisoning?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

How typical or rare is carbon monoxide poisoning?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

How do I know if I have carbon monoxide poisoning?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

Is there any way to treat carbon monoxide poisoning?

A doctor has provided 1 answer