Philippines

I have been experiencing hair loss.. and because of that, i now have a bald spot on my crown area.. its been there for 6 years.. please help.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
Find the cause.: Others may tell you that this is something called alopecia areata, but that usually does not last 6 years. If it has happened slowly over time, it is probably a hereditary and/or hormonal issue. Treatments are available for most forms of alopecia, once the cause is determined. See a dermatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 10, 2013