Which uis best for hay fever cetirizine hydrochloride or loratadine?

Dr. Brian Bezack
17 years experience in Pediatric Pulmonology
Both work...: But i tend to prefer Cetirizine because I have had a better personal experience and my patients generally do better with this treatment as well. Of course, if you use Loratadine and it is helping, stick with it.
Answered on Jun 11, 2017
2
2 comments
2
Dr. Linda Green
Dr. Linda Green commented
44 years experience in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma
both work well, but everyone responds differently.
Oct 7, 2013
Dr. Susan Rhoads
37 years experience in Family Medicine
Some people have to rotate Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, and likely Xyzal, every 1-3 months or so because they develop a temporary tolerance. And some,but not all, can cause painful periods. And I do mean painful (take it from one who knows). Obviously, don't take one that has less pleasant effects. This, as with all meds, varies with each person.
Jun 11, 2017