Booneville, AR

can black mold or any other mold cause your glands to swell up and your throat to look like strep?

Dr. Shelly Friedman
Dermatology 39 years experience
Definitely: Mold can cause an allergic reaction.

Can my baby catch strep throat?

Dr. Roy Benaroch
No: It is very unusual for children less than 2 years to catch strep throat-- not impossible, but unlikely.

How do I know if my baby has strep throat?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Fever, poor appetite: It is very unusual for an infant to get strep throat. However an older child or family member in close contact with your baby has it, it is possible. In most cases, babies with strep throat are very fussy due to the pain, may have a high fever, and decreased appetite. Every now and then babies can have vomiting and rash from strep throat. It is best to contact your doctor if you are concerned.

What's the best cure for a hoarse throat?

Dr. John McMahan
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 48 years experience
Hoarseness: The cure depends on the cause... Infections, polyps, nodules, tumors, gerd, vocal abuse, yeast infections, smoking, vocal abuse, etc. Etc. See an ENT doc to figure it out.

Is it okay to have a lump checked while having PMS symptoms like breast swelling?

Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Breast lump: Yes, you need to see a general surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery.

After head and neck cancer treatment, how long will it be before I can eat solid food again?

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Depends type of surg: Depends on the type and extent of surgery, like thyroid, or parotid gland cancer will be eating by next day, on the other hand jaw, or tongue, or voice box is removed, takes wks to heal and swelling to subside and will able to eat solid foods.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016