A 51-year-old member asked:
Disclaimer

can you be poisoned from rust?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Charles Davant
48 years experience Family Medicine
It would take a lo: Rest is iron oxide. A lot could give you iron toxicity, a small amount would not be harmful at all.
Answered on Oct 16, 2017
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Danny Proffitt
42 years experience Family Medicine
No: No but it is a good source of iron! are your anemic? I would have my water checked, consider havign a plumber check things out and consider some so ... Read More
A 27-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bac Nguyen
22 years experience Family Medicine
Please elaborate!: Rust=iron oxide and poisoning or toxic level is very unsual. Stepping on rusty nail won't do it and if consuming enough to cause poisoning will like c ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Lawrence Wasser
Specializes in Pediatrics
Not the rust: It is not the rust, but bacteria that often live on rusty nails. It is the puncture wound that allows these bacteria to enter your body and grow in t ... Read More
14
14 thanks
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Matt Wachsman
35 years experience Internal Medicine
Shouldn't: this isn't a medical question. The chrome prevents oxidation. This can be overcome if the metal is maltreated enough...but it isn't easy.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month