Portugal

Is it normal to see a drop in bone density from -2.4 to -3.7 (z score -2.6) in two years after ooph and arimidex (anastrozole) and not to be given treatment?

Dr. Caroline Messer
Internal Medicine - Diabetology 17 years experience
No: I would definitely recommend treatment (probably a bisphosphonate, unless there are contraindications). Some doctors would have started treatment two years ago knowing that you already had osteopenia and were going to start an aromatase inhibitor. I suggest that you see your endocrinologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology 76 years experience
Bone. Menopause: Bone loss is severe after surgical menopause compared to natural also you are on Arimidex (anastrozole) and started with low bmd in first place make sure secondary aide of menopause is ruled out calcium vitamind and one of the bone. Meds is indicated make sure bone loss stops with repeat bmd.
Last updated Jun 24, 2014