How long will my pinched nerve last?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Depends: This depends on the severity and cause of the pinched nerve. The good news is that in most cases, the pain from a pinched nerve improves within a few days to a few weeks. If symptoms persist or you have associated weakness or numbness or bowel/bladder problems, see a physician.
Dr. Chaim Colen
Neurosurgery 20 years experience
Pinched Nerves: Pinched nerves can progressively worsen. Unless surgically removed, they will remain pressing on the nerve possibly causing pain, numbness, tingling, or even weakness... You should see a physician if the weakness or pain are significant.