Chicago, IL

Shooting pain on one spot on my head that comes out of nowhere and at the same time my vision gets blurry. wasn't injured so what can be causing this?

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Hard to say: The usual question that people are concerned about is whether this might be a manifestation of a brain tumor or an aneurysm. This is not the usual presentation for these entities. However, it is a good idea to observe this and take notes that you can present to your doctor to help him/her figure this out. The nature of the pain, the blurred vision-what brings it on, how long does it last etc.?
Last updated Aug 22, 2013