i will undergo surgery for kidney stone stent removal tomorrow. please let me know, if it pains after the removal of this stent.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Ankush Bansal
You may: You may have some pain afterwards from the inflammation but your doctor should give you pain medication for that.
Answered on Apr 12, 2019
1
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
33 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Ureteral stent: There may be some initial soreness and mild pain after the procedure. Should have some medicine provided from the doctor if needed for a couple of days. Usually pain if any is very mild.
Answered on Sep 24, 2017
1
Dr. Randy Stevens
23 years experience General Surgery
Cystoscopy: You had a kidney stone. You had a stent placed. Tomorrow you will undergo stent removal by cystoscopy. This involves a camera through your penis and a grasper to grab the stent. Once it is removed the pain should be gone. The numbing medicine will work but you may feel discomfort. You may have to lay with your legs apart and will feel vulnerable. Take a family member to the doctor to help.
Answered on Aug 7, 2016
1
2
Dr. Pamela Asseff
27 years experience Dentistry
The pain is gone almost immediately following stent removal. The feeling of low grade pain caused by the stent disappears quickly. Continue following the urologists advice to prevent future kidney stone formation.
Aug 14, 2013