i had intrahepatic cholestasis due to alcohol 8 months ago.i didn't drink 6 months.now i drink.my ggt is 67, indirect bilirubin is1.2 is it ok to drink?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Brian Struyk
20 years experience Anesthesiology
Probably not: If you have already had liver problems associated with drinking alcohol, it is likely that you are at risk of recurrance and you likely have some permanent liver damage as well. The safest thing that you can do to optimize your health would be to abstain from drinking alcohol at all. I would discuss this with your GI physician.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
2
Dr. James Henning
49 years experience Anesthesiology
Unwise: Alcohol consumption in this specific situation may be problematic and provoke recurring problems.
Answered on Aug 14, 2013
1