my back cracks all the time and it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable in any way, in fact i feel better afterwards but i'm worried i might be overdoing it. is this a good or a bad thing to do?

Dr. can check if ok: Cracking a joint moves the parts of the joint, with the cracking noise coming from cartilage surfaces sliding, from movement of a little air-space from one place in the joint to another, or from some other non-traumatic event. A person with no joint pains before or after cracking a joint is probably not damaging the joint. However, a doctor can check to see how usual or unusual one's cracking is.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Back cracking ?: I don't think it is a bad thing to do.