i believe an ingrown hair in my nostril has caused an infection. can i use a topical anti-biotic inside my nostril. if not, what can i use?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Kim Capehart
20 years experience Dentistry
Examination: You may need to go to the doctors to get it looked at for possible infection and treatment for removal. It may be painful but should have it examined and treated.
Answered on Mar 4, 2016
Dr. Otto Placik
34 years experience Plastic Surgery
Yes but ?effective: Yes it is possible but ingrown hairs tend to be best treated by removing the cyst or overlying skin to allow the hair to emerge and decrease the inflammation. There are very few effective topical antibiotic creams that will treat an ingrown hair.
Answered on Aug 7, 2013