U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

Bleeding for longer than a week after sex. what could be wrong?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 43 years experience
Not normal: Please see your gyn , u need a n exam to r/o cuts or tears in the vagina or cervix, cultures to r/o infection , blood work, to r/o preg and abnormal hormones, a pap if u havent had one lately, and a pelvic ultrasound.
Last updated Aug 4, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.