A 33-year-old female asked:
Disclaimer

Can a man have gonorrhea for five months before showing symptoms?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Bahman Omrani
16 years experience in Pain Management
Yes: Unlike females, majority of males, about 90%, with gonoccocal urethritis will have symptoms. On the other hand, about 10% of males will not have any symptoms. This highlights the importance of documenting eradication after completion of treatment.
Answered on Jan 11, 2015

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience in General Practice
Gonrrhea: Gonorrhea symptoms show up three to five days post exposure. It is possible for a man to ignore this and to be asymptomatic after that until he is tes ... Read More
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience in Pathology
Get tested: It is not feasible to say. If you partner has gonorrhea, you are at high risk. You are also at risk for other STDs. It would be prudent to see a docto ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
56 years experience in Family Medicine
Men2to10days: In men symptoms may show with a discharge from the penis anywhere from 2days to10 days after exposure but 50% of men do not show any symptoms at all. ... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gregory Lewis
43 years experience in Urology
See below : Gonorrhea (GC) is transmitted through sexual contact with the penis, vagina, mouth, or anus of an infected partner. Most women with GC are asymptomati ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month