VA

i had an ankle sprain about 4 months ago and it was treated, but now sometimes when i run i get pains on the outside of ankle where sprain occured.

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 14 years experience
Scar or tendon: Sorry to hear about your sprain. The scar tissue around the area can sometimes be weaker than normal ligament, it can chronically get weak and recurring swelling and pain can happen. Also, the peroneal tendons can also be damaged. Hope this helps.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Do not run: Without a brace. If pain still present see foot and ankle specialist.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Have it re-evaluated: Ankle pain following and injury may last a long time. The pain may be due to a fracture, sprains, arthritis, or a soft tissue injury involving the tendon, ligaments or nerves . Have the foot evaluated so that you may get the appropriate care.