When i contract my toes, directly below my big toe in the middle of my foot is very tender. actually hurts a little. both feet but more on the right.

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Podiatry 38 years experience
Do you Have: Any numbness, tingling, burning or cramps to area. If so you may have a neuroma. See your local foot doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. James Dukelow
Podiatry 31 years experience
Tissue Issue: I have come across conditions of tight tendons and medial plantar fascia, that cause pain. Contracting the toe downward (plantar flexion ) requires the long tendon to the big toe, the flexor hallucis longus to glide along just deep to the plantar fascia. This seems to be more pronounced with high arch feet. Usually you can feel the tight bands bulging under the arch area toward the big toe.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016