i've already had a period a couple weeks ago but i keep bleeding every so often since, what cld it be?

Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapolianswered
Doctor can evaluate: There are many causes for irregular menstruation. One common one is polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos), a hormonal imbalance along with cysts in the ovaries. Though most irregular menstruation is not immediately dangerous (spotting), any woman who does not menstruate monthly, or consistently has irregular periods, should consider seeing her primary care doctor or an ob/gyn for evaluation.