Louisville, KY

when i wake up in the morning & go to the restroom i sometimes notice very little urine will come out of me & even some mucus. is that normal?

Dr. Joseph Rosin
No: I assume this is not your usual pattern. Many causes for this. Without more information there is no way to narrow it down. You did not give your age or gender. There is no information regarding whether you have pain or fever. This could be anything from a partial urinary bladder outlet obstruction to an infection or other potentially serious problems.
Dr. Louise Andrew
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Nothing or infection: Does it hurt, or do you feel you need to go? If so, you need to see a doctor or nurse to check for infections. Drink a lot of fluids just to be sure your bladder is being cleaned out and you are not dehydrated. A really good thing to drink is cranberry juice.

Last updated Nov 21, 2014