why do i have cramps 3 days after my period?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Ovary cyst: Your period stops as a result of increasing estrogen levels as the next cycle develops. The increasing estrogen is being produced by the ovaries. One of the ovaries will have a cyst that is beginning to enlarge - that could be the source of your cramps.
Dr. Renee Harris
Many thngs: It could be pain from ovulation (mittleschmirtz), but many other things can cause pain. Bowel spasms or bladder spasms could feel the same. It us very hard to define where the pain is coming from by the patient. An evaluation by a physician is a good idea.