U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

I recently had a ct scan and my doctor said that i have a crack in the head of my femur. should i be walking on this injury or using crutches/wheelchair?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology 31 years experience
Need more info: It really depends on what is meant by a "crack", and where it is located. Please contact your doctor and ask. A consultation with an orthopedic surgeon may be helpful. If the "crack" is large enough or in a location which increases the risk of a complete fracture, then not bearing weight (using crutches) would be appropriate. Also, you should ask what caused the "crack".
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.