I recently had a ct scan and my doctor said that i have a crack in the head of my femur. should i be walking on this injury or using crutches/wheelchair?

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology 29 years experience
Need more info: It really depends on what is meant by a "crack", and where it is located. Please contact your doctor and ask. A consultation with an orthopedic surgeon may be helpful. If the "crack" is large enough or in a location which increases the risk of a complete fracture, then not bearing weight (using crutches) would be appropriate. Also, you should ask what caused the "crack".

Last updated Jan 5, 2019