United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Last period 14.05. today 14.06, haven't had my period, home pregnancy is negative. could hcg be low cause of early pregnancy? when to take blood test?

Pathology 49 years experience
After missed period: Blood test for pregnancy is generally positive one day after a missed period, if the woman is pregnant. For home test it is better to wait 4-5 days after missed period to do the test; use first morning urine and follow the instructions carefully.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Early pregnancy: As I am answering this question, it is august 21. Have you had periods since june? If not and you're pregnant, pregnancy test would definitely be +. If no period and pregnancy test is negative, then look for another cause.

Last updated Aug 20, 2013