U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

Bad sun rash had it for over a month dozens of blisters that won't go away my doctor has given me triamcinolone .5 then .1 neither has worked?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dermatology 22 years experience
Photosensitivity : A photosensitive rash can occur as a result of oral medications and even some sunscreen ingredients or can be idiosyncratic. Use a sensitive skin sunscreen such as aveeno (oatmeal) mineralblock and avoid sun. Minimize oral medications especially otc pain medications and antibiotics which may be contributing. Also see a dermatologist, who may order blood tests and do a biopsy to help diagnose and treat.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 5, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.