U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Buena Park, CA
A 24-year-old female asked:

I have hemihypertrophy & i have been having pain in my lower back. i haven't see a doctor in over 10 yrs, is this something urgent?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Patterson
Pediatrics 33 years experience
Probably not: If the pain has been present for a while and you do not have any other associated symptoms, such as numbness or weakness in your leg, loss of bladder or bowel control, etc., then is probably not urgent. However, chronic back pain can affect your entire life, so it would be wise to see a doctor for this pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.