how likely is recovery from psoriasis without treatment?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 52 years experience
Almost zero: Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune disorder that almost never resolves spontaneously.

Is all psoriasis alike?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology 71 years experience
Psoriasis alike: Psoriasis can be mild or severe; it can affect only one part of the skin; it can affect the nails; it can aggect the genital; it can affect the mucous membranes. It can affect the scalp. It can itch; it can burn. It truly id a heartbreak.

Can I pass psoriasis to my coworkers?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
No: It is never contagious, although co workers maybe concerned that they can catch it and that can be difficult in a work environment. The psoriasis foundation has excellent material you can educate coworkers if necessary.

Can some medications make psoriasis worse?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes: Some medications can precipitate psoriasis or make it worse. A few of these are lithium, beta-blocking agents, antimalarial drugs, and systemic steroids. (steroids may rapidly improve psoriasis, but it may worsen when they are withdrawn.).

How will my doctor diagnose my psoriasis?

Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han answered
Dermatology 23 years experience
Clinical appearance: Each subtype of psoriasis have typical clinical presentations. In most cases, your doctor can diagnose it just by examining your skin and nails. It most commonly affect scalp, elbows and knees. In few cases where its appearance overlap with other conditions, then your doctor may choose to biopsy it to confirm the diagnosis. It is considered an immunological disorder of the skin.

Are there any drugs my doctor can prescribe to treat my psoriasis?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes: There are som immunosupressive drugs that are very helpful for psoriasis. You should see a dermatologist to see if they are appropriate for you.