U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old member asked:

My beard has become grey is there a way to reverse it?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Hair dye: I think hair dye (or shaving) are probably your only choices. Or just go with it--you probably look very distinguished!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 27 years experience
Unfortunately restoration of original hair color is not something we can offer patients. Unless you consider a hair dye. Once an individual hair follicle looses the ability to produce pigment then that cannot be reversed.
Feb 26, 2012
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 48 years experience
Hair dye: There is no supplement which reverse hair loss. Chinese herbs claim to stop color loss but I have never seen ot work.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.