I'm 42 on the pill for 19 years. Missed 2 periods now in a row. Took home preg. Test..Negative. Could i be perimenopause? Should i call my gyno?

Dr. Miguel Cano
29 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Normal: Ocp amenorrhea. It is perfectly normal to have very light or absent cycles on long term birth control pill use. It is perfectly safe & not a sign of peri-menopause. In fact, you would have to stop hormone use if you wanted to check for menopause (average age 51-52). Continue your pills, make sure you are not pregnant & enjoy the side effect. Take care.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
1