NY

I have hives and muscle twitches with a consistent twitch under the thumb of my left hand. (comes and goes) my allergist says that it is due to the excess of histamine release and has said that i have histamine intolerance. is this correct?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 38 years experience
GI upset and a variety of symptoms may occur with excessive release of histamine. A focal area that is consistent is a bit unusual and may be due to a pinched nerve. The cause of your allergic reactions should be determined and treatment to control the symptoms may include immunotherapy. Watch for signs of weakness and dizziness.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 24, 2022