South Africa
A 53-year-old male asked:

What treatment do i need when i have pain on my left hip and running down the side of my leg to my knee. mri shows bulging of l4 and l5 disc.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine 29 years experience
PT: Would start with pt or chiropractic care. Home stretches, nsaids, ice or heat also recommended. If no improvement then cortisone injections would be an option.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 19, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.