Canada

Why was my epidural steroid injection so painful? this was my second one and the first one was no pain. this one was as bad as labor. shooting pains down my leg?

Dr. John Berryman
Performing an epidural for anesthesia or for steroid injection can carry a risk of the needle hitting the spinal cord, which sends reactive pain from the nerves incidentally stimulated into lower abdomen and extremities. See the physician who performed the procedure for guidance if the symptoms persist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 5, 2022