Las Vegas, NV

I feel a tingling sensation in my belly button almost as if im being tickled from the inside. theres no pain but it feels uncomfortable when i stretch. what could it be?

Dr. Martin Tamler
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 34 years experience
The belly button is where the umbilical cord attaches to the fetus. A structure called the urachus connects the umbilical cord to the developing fetal bladder and acts as a bladder until the baby’s becomes functional. Before birth, the urachus scars over and becomes a ligament that runs from below the belly button to the top of your bladder. Stretching this ligament gives your symptoms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 14, 2021