I have a vial of multi dose lidocaine, dont ask how, can i drip it directly onto a broken tooth instead of injecting it. it burns pretty bad when injected without cutting it last i remember so didnt want that burn in my face?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Don't bother, it doesn't work in that manner. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Pain relief? See a dentist before the pain becomes unbearable.

Answered 5/30/2021

0 views

Dr. Binod Verma answered

Specializes in Dentistry

The infiltration (Injection) or Block injection (To Block nerve ) works by blocking the transmission of pain . The drop of lidocaine will not be absorbed by soft tissue and will not be effective.

Answered 5/29/2021

0 views

That's not how it works. You can only do more harm. Broken, and probably infected, tooth will not heal itself, and an improperly administered pain killer will not help it heal. You need immediate professional care, this isn't a DIY project. Please see a Dentist for appropriate care.

Answered 5/30/2021

0 views