WI

I just had a miscarriage two weeks ago and wanted to know the best time try to get pregnant again. some doctors are telling me i can try 3 weeks after and some are saying its best to wait 6 months. i really don't want to wait too long for a baby?

Dr. John Berryman
Miscarriage is very common in first pregnancies, and in most cases, it is not known why. It is generally advised to allow a few months for normal menstrual function to return, prior to attempting pregnancy again. If successive miscarriage does occur, see a reproductive endocrinologist to determine a perhaps preventable cause.
Last updated May 7, 2021