if my period lasts five days and i had sex two days after my period, can i still get pregnant?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
30 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Possibly: From the time you start your period until you ovulate can range from about 7 days to 21 days. When you have sex, the sperm can be effective for up to 6 days. So, if you ovulate within six days of having sex - there is a chance that you could conceive. When you have sex closer to the time of ovulation, your chances for conceiving increase.
Answered on Feb 2, 2012
Dr. Denise Reeves
34 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Possibly: It is possible to become pregnant at this time. Most people ovulate a little later, but depending on the length of your cycle, you could become pregnant.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
3