Had a few red pieces in my stool this morning. no red on toilet paper or in the water. ate chili yesterday, could it just be undigested tomato/red pepper?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Richard Romano answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

If you have a lot of bloody stool, go to the emergency room. I remember a young lady coming into the emergency room with a concern for rectal bleeding; she was very anxious. Immediately after she found out that the rectal examination showed no blood she reported it was likely red pepper.

Answered Feb 21, 2021

2 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

It could be chilli or tomato skins. It would be prudent to get a stool test for occult blood to rule out bleeding in intestine. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water daily so your urine is mostly colorless, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. For nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/. Get HPV and Covid vaccines. Wish you good health!

Answered Feb 24, 2021

2 views