Had a few red pieces in my stool this morning. no red on toilet paper or in the water. ate chili yesterday, could it just be undigested tomato/red pepper?

Dr. Richard Romano
Bloody stool: If you have a lot of bloody stool, go to the emergency room. I remember a young lady coming into the emergency room with a concern for rectal bleeding; she was very anxious. Immediately after she found out that the rectal examination showed no blood she reported it was likely red pepper.
Pathology 50 years experience
Could be: It could be chilli or tomato skins. It would be prudent to get a stool test for occult blood to rule out bleeding in intestine. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water daily so your urine is mostly colorless, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. For nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/. Get HPV and Covid vaccines. Wish you good health!
Last updated Feb 24, 2021