A member asked:

Hi! i had a hearing test which showed "mild hearing loss in both ears." i still hear worse out of my right ear--sometimes sounds like right ear is hearing "under water." could i have tumor or neuroma/malignancy? drs. not giving endoscopes dueto covid?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered

Specializes in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma

Request a hearing test from an Audiologist and this may lead to a diagnosis. Watch for fever, signs of infection such as drainage from the ears.

Answered Oct 19, 2020



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

I would certainly would not put neuroma or malignancy high of the differential diagnosis list for mild hearing loss on audiogram & the sound you hear in your right ear. A lot of information can be obtained from examination of the ear - such as - is there fluid behind the tympanic membrane that could be causing symptoms. I would start with your PCM.

Answered Oct 26, 2020



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor