Brazil

I've been taking bcpills for years and decided to skip my period this month and start a new pill pack. now one week in i'm cramping with breakthrough bleeding. is this normal? what's the best course of action? finish the second pack or stop midway?

Dr. Mark Roberts
Finish: “It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature.” I would recommend that you finish the current pack—provided you’ve done well with these particular OCPs (oral contraceptive pills) in the past. Your period at the end of this current pack may be a bit different, but you should get back on track next pack & month. BTW, no chance of pregnancy, is there? Be certain! Best to you, young lady. Stay safe.

Last updated Sep 29, 2020