i stopped wearing my invisalign because i was worried about taking them in and out during the covid pandemic. ive stopped wearing them for the most part since march. so ive stopped wearing them for about 5 months. can i safely go to earlier trays?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
No: Over five months your teeth most probably have shifted to a point where you will need new impressions and new trays. You've substantially prolonged your treatment time. Please call your treating dentist or orthodontist and make an appointment to continue with your care. And yes, their offices are safe... your will not catch COVID19 there.
Dr. Maryam Chiani
Dentistry 29 years experience
No: Please go back to your dentist/ orthodontist to continue with the treatment. You can’t go back to the previous retainers.
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry 43 years experience
Start over???: Your best answer is to go back to the dentist and see what they recommend. Bring all of your previous trays with you, something may fit but don't rely on it. sadly, but you may have to start over or go back many trays. For the future...if you are being careful...you don't need to worry about taking them in or out unless you decide to place them on a questionable surface.
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 9 years experience
Yes : Yes you can go back to the tray you were wearing before you stopped, you might need to go back one more set of trays as teeth might shift back , if those trays were loose then you can advance to the next tray , consult you doctor for further details.