how long after stopping taking the pill(yasmin) will my period start? i was on the medication for about two years and after getting my last period with the medication i stopped. its been a month now and i didnt get my period. should i be worried?

Dr. John Berryman
54 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Late period ?'s: Your normal ovulation cycle may be delayed after "two years" on bcp's, as effects of stress will be masked by the oral bcp's. If your period does not occur within six weeks after your last oral bcp, see your gyn for testing and a serum HCG pregnancy test.
Answered on Jul 6, 2020