Miami, FL

Why am i missing hair on the side of my head? i'm a 16 year old girl and it first started during my 6 grade year. its gotten worst during the years and i dont know what to do now. i'm always hiding it with head bands and it's one of my insecurities.

Hair loss: Please talk to your parents about getting assessed by a dermatologist if you have been experiencing hair loss. Take care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Many possibilities: Focal hair loss is often secondary to something as simple as hair twirling or eating, which may be a nervous habit. It can also be a treatable infectious or other process. The way to fix this is to see your doc for an exam and get a referral to a specialist if they think you need it. If you do it now you can prevent it getting worse.
Last updated Jun 20, 2020