U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 53-year-old female asked:

I have a blood clot on my upper thigh from an injection that is very sore and tender, should i be worried?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Elisa Ribelles-medhus
Internal Medicine 42 years experience
You'll be okay: As long as you don't have a hard, cord like area along the inner thigh, you'll be okay. Put hot wet compresses on it esp. during the night: First, a rag dipped in hot water, wrung out well, then a layer of plastic wrap, then a thin dry cloth, and then a heating pad set on medium.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 6, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.