i am an otherwise 64 year old health female. i woke up friday with pink eye and understand that could be an early sign of infection. i don't have shortness of breath or fever but do have pain along my sternum and upper right back and fatigue. my son ha

Dr. Lisa Persaud
12 years experience Hospital-based practice
Viral infection : This is likely a viral infection and should subside on its own. However if the redness occurs with crusting or discharge, this could be bacterial and you'll need eye drops. Viral infections can occur with costochondritis which leads to rib and sternal pain which you described. The best remedy for that is NSAIDs, such as Ibuprofen which can help with both the pain and the inflammation.
Answered on Apr 7, 2020