Chicago, IL

I used to have weird head sensations. numbing, tingling, and a slight burning sensation. when i would have bad anxiety it felt like my head was bleeding. do you believe these past symptoms could be associated with anxiety? or underlying conditions?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Maybe!: Your symptoms could have been due to anxiety. But it is very important before ever accepting a mental health diagnosis, to be sure that you do not have a physical problem that may be causing your symptoms or making you anxious! So get an exam and appropriate testing by your doctor to be sure there is no physical problem that needs treatment or makes it harder for you to cope.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Provided original answer
Thanks for the Thank You note! I hope everything is fine at a checkup with your doc.
Dec 6, 2019

Last updated Dec 6, 2019