South Africa

Diagnosed with syndesmosis disruption yet i still have horrible pain. on my full leg xray it wasn't even looked at. oddity that is in the vicinity of the talus bone. it resembles two separated parts that seem torn or broken apart my private doctor.

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Serious sprain: Syndesmosis injuries occur when there is a disruption of the distal attachment of the tibia and fibula. These injuries occur commonly (up to 18% of ankle sprains) and would cause pain at the vicinity of the talus and can take 6-8 weeks to heal but may be chronic. If you have severe pain, an orthopedic consultation is recommended. Occasionally surgery is recommended.

Last updated Oct 8, 2019