A male asked:

my son eats with a gtube but since he was born he would throw up like an adult we thought it was his heart but he just had heart surgery i was wondering if anyone knew what could be causing this we been in 5 form(s) but after two weeks he pukes again?

45 years experience Pediatrics
Some basics: The stomach entrance is just a fold in a tube assisted by some circular (donut like) muscles. It is not a flap or valve & the tendency to vomit is universal if the entrance is weak.This is aggravated when the stomach muscles churn food to prepare it for digestion as pressure pushes against the entrance. Laying down also aggravates this. It usually improves with age & time in the upright position.
Answered on Jul 29, 2019