U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Antonio, TX
A 22-year-old female asked:

Been on low estrogen bc for 4 years now, my periods are now heavy with bad cramps and clots like before i was on the pill. should i switch pills now?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Possibly: It's possible a higher concentration hormone preparation would help alleviate your period pains and bleeding - suggest you discuss with a gynecologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.